- Dominion has subpoenaed Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell, and Mike Lindell in its lawsuit against Fox News.
- It sued the network in March, saying it helped spread conspiracy theories about its voting machines.
- Guiliani, Powell, and Lindell now have to submit documents related to their involvement with Fox News.
Voting-machine company Dominion Voting Systems has subpoenaed Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell, and MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell in its $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit against Fox News.
They now have to hand over documents related to their involvement with the news network, Bloomberg first reported.
All three had already been sued by Dominion for $1.3 billion each, over their role in spreading the debunked conspiracy theory that Dominion’s voting machines “flipped” votes from former President Donald Trump to President Joe Biden during the 2020 election.
On March 26, Dominion also filed a lawsuit against Fox News. The $1.6 billion suit claimed that the network gave prominence to the election-fraud conspiracy as a tactic to revive its ratings. Fox News has consistently denied this claim, and has said it is “proud of our 2020 election coverage.”
As part of the lawsuit, Dominion subpoenaed Giuliani, Powell, and Lindell on Monday, a filing in state court in Delaware shows.
The subpoena asks Giuliani, a former New York mayor who also served as Trump’s personal lawyer, to hand over all documents related to his appearances on Fox since 2016, alongside all communications with the network related to both the 2020 presidential election and Dominion, Bloomberg first reported, citing the filing.
The subpoena also asks for Giuliani to provide documents about the nature of his relationship with the network, “whether formal or informal, compensated or uncompensated,” per Bloomberg.
Dominion also sent similar subpoenas to pro-Trump attorney Powell and Lindell. They have until July 25 to comply, Bloomberg reported, citing the filing.
Fox News, Giuliani, Powell, and Lindell did not immediately respond to Insider’s request for comment.
Dominion’s lawsuit against Fox News is its biggest yet
In its individual lawsuits against Powell and Giuliani, Dominion included numerous examples of them making their election-fraud claims in right-wing media, including Fox News, without pushback from hosts.
It then filed its $1.6 billion suit against Fox News in March – its biggest yet.
Dominion said that the network “sold a false story of election fraud in order to serve its own commercial purposes, severely injuring Dominion in the process.”
In a statement in March, Fox News said: “Fox News Media is proud of our 2020 election coverage, which stands in the highest tradition of American journalism.” It said it would defend itself against both lawsuits in court.
Voting-machine company Smartmatic also filed a $2.7 billion lawsuit against Fox News in February.
A Fox News representative told Insider in February that the network ran several “fact-check” segments “prior to any lawsuit chatter.”
Fox News, Giuliani, Powell, and Lindell have all asked for the lawsuits to be dismissed.
Business News Governmental News Finance News
Need Your Help Today. Your $1 can change life.