- You can download Twitter videos to your computer or phone using a third-party app.
- SaveTweetVid.com will let you download any Twitter video using a link or QR code.
- You can also use the Shortcuts app on an iPhone, or the Download Twitter Videos app on an Android.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Twitter was once a website where you could post short, 140-character snippets of your thoughts or questions. But in the past decade it’s evolved into a communication hub for pictures, videos, audio clips, and more.
Twitter makes it easy to save photos from a post with just a few taps. Videos, however, are another story. While it’s not difficult to download a video from Twitter, it takes a few more steps and usually involves a third-party app.
How to download Twitter videos on your Mac or PC
This method will work for any video uploaded directly to Twitter. If the tweet is simply embedding a video from YouTube, for example, you’ll have to go another route.
1. To download a video from the Twitter desktop site onto your computer, first find the tweet containing the video you want to download and click that tweet so its specific page opens. You can also click the date attached to the tweet.
2. Copy the URL in your search bar to your clipboard.
3. Go to SaveTweetVid.com, then paste the URL into the text box and click the Download button.
4. Choose a download size — the numbers shown correspond to the download quality of the video.
If you’re concerned about saving space on your computer, choose a smaller download size. If you’d rather have a higher-quality video, choose the higher resolution.
5. Your downloaded video will load on a new page. To save it to your computer, right-click and select Save video as from the menu.
Aside from SaveTweetVid, another downloading site option is TwitterVideoDownloader.
How to download Twitter videos on your smartphone
If you have access to a
, one simple way to download Twitter videos to your phone is to simply complete the first three steps listed above, then scroll down past the download size options mentioned in step four.
At the bottom of the page, there is a QR code that you can scan with your phone’s camera to download the video directly.
If you don’t have access to a computer at the moment, you can still download videos from Twitter — it just takes a few extra steps.
Downloading Twitter videos on iPhone or iPad
On an iPhone or iPad, you can download Twitter videos using Apple’s Shortcuts app. Just note that you’ll need to have at least iOS 14 or iPadOS 14 installed for this.
1. Go to the App Store and download the Apple Shortcuts app, if you don’t already have it installed.
2. Once you have it, go to the Settings app, scroll down, and tap on the Shortcut settings option.
3. Toggle the switch for Allow Untrusted Shortcuts to on. This means that you’ll now be able to download Shortcuts not made by Apple.
4. Next, open this link to the Twitter Video Downloader shortcut on your device, and tap “Get Shortcut” to begin the download.
5. A new window labeled Add Shortcut will appear, listing a number of tasks and variables in a long list.
Unless you’re savvy with shortcuts and want to modify this one for yourself, just scroll down to the bottom and tap Add Untrusted Shortcut.
6. Next, open Twitter and find the tweet containing the video you want to download. Tap the Share icon in the bottom-right corner.
7. At the bottom of the Share Tweet menu, you’ll see a list of icons. Scroll all the way to the right and tap the button for “Share via….”
8. When the new menu appears, scroll all the way to the bottom of the list of actions and tap Twitter Video Downloader V2.6.
The video will now appear saved in your Camera Roll.
Downloading Twitter videos on Android
Here, you just need to install the right app.
1. Open the Google Play Store and download the Download Twitter Videos app.
2. Once it’s installed, find the tweet containing the video you want to download and tap the Share button on the bottom right.
3. Tap “Share Via” and choose the new app’s icon on the menu. Make sure you choose the regular “Download Twitter Videos” option and not the “Add to Bookmarks” option.
4. Choose which video quality you want — the higher the quality, the larger the file size — and the download will begin.
Need Your Help Today. Your $1 can change life.