BLOOMINGTON, Minn., July 11, 2021 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ — MEA Energy Association (MEA) is honored to bestow Life Sustaining and Meritorious Service Awards to ten employees of ComEd, the largest electric utility in Illinois and longtime member of MEA.
MEA presented the 2021 Life Sustaining Awards to:
- Theodore Toney, overhead electrician; Ricky Harris, crew leader; and Gerald Taylor, overhead electrician, for assisting with the rescue of an individual suffering from an overdose.
- Benjamin Cannon, overhead electrical specialist, for assisting a distressed and bleeding elderly man.
Six other ComEd employees were recognized with Meritorious Service Awards for actions ranging from assisting at roadside accidents and providing first aid. They are:
- Ryan Pondinas, overhead electrician: blocks a serious road accident from oncoming traffic.
- Victor Beltran, crew leader: keeps an individual from coming in contact with energized lines after an accident.
- Jeff Marmo, senior maintenance inspector: notified a family and 911 about a garage fire.
- Jonathan Slavik, construction supervisor: finds a missing elderly man and waits with him until help arrives.
- Jeffrey Martinez, senior engineering tech: secures an accident scene and provides first aid to wounded driver.
- Demetrius Mack, overhead electrical specialist: provides first aid at an accident scene.
MEA is honored to present the Life Sustaining and Meritorious Service Awards,” said John Gann, MEA Senior Vice President. “We are extremely grateful to these outstanding individuals who rise up and make a positive contribution to society. Their actions are a testament to who these individuals are and to the training they receive as ComEd employees.”
MEA Life Sustaining Awards are presented to individuals from member companies who have saved the life of another. The Meritorious Service Award is granted to recognize those who have performed actions in the service of another that are considered above and beyond. Applications for the MEA Life Sustaining and Meritorious Service Award are reviewed and approved by the Executive Committee of MEA’s Board of Directors. Read about all MEA awards at https://www.meaenergy.org/membership/awards/.
For questions contact John Gann, johng (at) MEAenergy (dot) org, or (651) 289-9600 x105.
MEA serves the people that deliver electricity and natural gas to homes and businesses. We were founded as a trade association over 110 years ago by distribution utilities whose vision was to improve safety and efficiency. Today, we fulfill the same purpose through education, leadership development, and industry connections. Energy delivery companies, contractors, and suppliers around the country benefit from our 55 summits, roundtables, and webinars, 400+ online technical courses, safety assessments, evaluator training, operator qualification compliance tools, and leadership courses for field personnel.
John Gann, MEA Energy Association, 6512899600, [email protected]
SOURCE MEA Energy Association
Need Your Help Today. Your $1 can change life.