Expectations of a good quarter for textile exporters aided by a weak rupee kept several companies in this space buzzing through the day. We also witnessed profit booking in several large-caps and high-quality midcaps.
“Following favourable economic outcomes and positive Asian markets, domestic bourses traded positive today. Asian shares sparked a rally after better-than-expected Chinese economic data and a bounce back in Chinese tech stocks,” said Vinod Nair, Head of Research at Geojit Financial Services.
Market at a glance:
- Sunteck Realty gains 3 per cent after strong Q1 update
- India VIX, the barometer of volatility, falls 3 per cent as nervousness eases
- Investors grew richer by Rs 90,000 cr as BSE m-cap rises to Rs 232.53L cr
- IT stocks continue to be under pressure ahead of earnings
- Birlasoft end in red after 3 veteran investors cut stakes in Q4
MORE TO COME..
Business News Governmental News Finance News
Need Your Help Today. Your $1 can change life.