News

Ant and Dec ‘worry’ I’m A Celeb will go back off air as more bad weather on way

I’m A Celebrity 2021 returns to ITV on Tuesday night after being axed for three days, as Storm Arwen caused damaged to the production site in Wales

Ant & Dec reveal more bad weather could hit I’m A Celeb castle next week

I’m A Celebrity hosts Ant McPartlin and Dec Donnelly have confessed they and the show’s team are still “worried” about the series’ future, after being forced off air this weekend.

The ITV series, filmed at Gwrych in North Wales, halted filming on Saturday as Storm Arwen wreaked havoc and damaged the production site.

Since Saturday, the crew have been hard at work fixing the damage, and trying to get the show back on the air.

The celebrities were evacuated on the weekend too, but this was because filming had halted and not because they were in danger.

Speaking to Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield on This Morning on Tuesday, Ant and Dec shared their relief to be back filming after three days – with their last episode on Friday having to be pre-recorded.

I’m A Celebrity hosts Ant McPartlin and Dec Donnelly confessed they and the show’s team are still “worried” about the series’ future
(

Image:

ITV)

But Ant admitted there was still a slight worry that they might be impacted again, with more bad weather was on the way next week in Wales.

Ant confessed: “There’s a slight worry because I think there’s more bad weather coming next week, but I think it is just temperatures dropping, maybe a bit of snow, a bit of frost, I think we can cope with that.”

Dec laughed, before he said: “You never get this in Australia!”

I’m A Celebrity 2021 returns to ITV on Tuesday night after being axed for three days, as Storm Arwen caused damaged to the production site in Wales

Not wanting to jinx anything, he then added: “Let’s not speak too soon, but let’s hope we are back and on until the end.”

The hosts are ready to get back to it, admitting they were “bored” once they got told they could not host the show.

After fearing they wouldn’t be back, they revealed how the celebrity campmates were “gutted” to be removed.

Ant and Dec also detailed some of the damage caused to the set, which was what led to the decision to bring the show off air for three nights.

Dec said: “We got a call on Saturday morning to say the wind had pretty much destroyed the tech base. The marquees had come down, trees fell, boulders had moved so the site was unsafe. Nobody was allowed back onto the site until they had been on and done a survey.

“We had no choice but to just pull the show over the weekend, which we were just gutted about.

Ant and Dec shared their relief to be back filming after three days
(

Image:

ITV)

“In the end the celebrities had to come out. It’s been a huge upheaval of a week, but the production team have been magnificent with getting the site up and running and making it safe.”

Ant added: “They could have easily said it was too much damage done to the production base and that we wouldn’t be able to go back on air.”

This Morning airs weekdays at 10am on ITV.

Read More

Read More




Source link

Back to top button