Nick Nairn’s Bridge of Allan restaurant went up in flames ‘in the middle of service’ as the TV chef feels grateful for an ‘off-duty firefighter’ who stepped in to help.
Dramatic footage taken from the scene shows the eatery completely engulfed in flames.
The TV chef told the Scottish Sun : “We had a full house. It happened right in the middle of service. Luckily an off-duty cop and off-duty firefighter were dining with us.
“They assisted with the evacuation.
“It’s scary how quickly it happened. It wasn’t an accident, it was an electrical fire. We threw a fire blanket over it and discharged two CO2 extinguishers. But as soon as they ran out, it exploded.
“We’re all standing outside, there’s just devastation. It’s a bitter pill to swallow after the last 18 months. We have to ask ourselves what’s next, we’ve already been flooded.”
Nick, 62, who hails from Stirling, confirmed no one was injured as he tweeted his praise for the emergency services who dealt with the fierce inferno.
He said: “Just to let you know, terrible fire at Nicks BofA tonight, but thankfully all staff and customers unhurt.
“Huge respect and thanks to the emergency services who were incredible.”
Flames were seen shooting out of the two windows at the rear of the premises in video posted online.
Firefighters were spotted battling the blaze while huge plumes of black smoke billowed into the sky.
Shocked onlookers watched on in awe as the restaurant burned down.
On Saturday night a Scottish Fire and Rescue spokesperson told the Record: “I can confirm that we have received calls at 20.17 on Saturday, August 28, to reports of a building on fire.
“We are in attendance and it’s an ongoing incident.”
A Police Scotland spokesperson said: “We can confirm we are in attendance to assist the fire brigade in the ongoing incident.”
Don’t miss the latest news from around Scotland and beyond. Sign up to our daily newsletterhere.