News

Richard Madeley says it will be ‘difficult’ for I’m A Celeb stars to return

I’m A Celebrity 2021’s Richard Madeley revealed how he believed his former campmates would be feeling, after being evacuated from Gwrych Castle in North Wales over Storm Arwen fears

I’m A Celeb: Richard says it’ll be hard for campmates to return

I’m A Celebrity’s Richard Madeley confessed it will be “difficult” for the 2021 line-up to return to Gwrych Castle, after they were recently evacuated.

The celebrities were moved from the Welsh ruin to their pre-show quarantine rooms over the weekend as Storm Arwen wreaked havoc in North Wales.

Hosts Ant McPartlin and Dec Donnelly pre-recorded Friday’s episode due to the storm getting worse at the time they were meant to be going live to the nation.

Things escalated on Saturday though after parts of the set were damaged, before the stars themselves had to be evacuated from the castle as the strong winds uprooted trees and caused debris.

I’m A Celebrity 2021’s Richard Madeley revealed how he believed his former campmates would be feeling
(

Image:

ITV)

The show was cancelled both Saturday and Sunday, and replaced with highlight shows instead.

ITV bosses confirmed the celebrities had been put back into solo quarantine to keep the show Covid secure, but Ant and Dec have confessed it is not yet known when it will be back on air.

Richard himself was forced to leave the ITV series after being taken to hospital, after feeling unwell, with him leaving the strict Covid bubble between the campmates.

The celebrities were moved from the Welsh ruin to their pre-show quarantine rooms over the weekend as Storm Arwen wreaked havoc
(

Image:

ITV)

Now, he’s revealed he thinks it will be hard for the stars to want to return to the show after being removed from the castle.

Making his return to Good Morning Britain on Monday, Richard said they would have been in the castle mindset, only to be removed and sent back to normal living conditions – and not the trials, food rations and lack of luxury items they’d experienced on the show.

Richard himself was forced to leave the ITV series after being taken to hospital
(

Image:

ITV)

If they were to return to filming, Richard believes some of them may struggle with the prospect of going back to camp life.

He told hosts Susanna Reid and Ben Shephard: “I think they’ll find that very difficult. I know I would. I’ve heard, and I don’t know if this is the case or not, but I’ve heard they’ve gone back to the safe houses we were all kept in for two and a half weeks while we were in quarantine.

“Now, those are comfortable places. They’re not the castle and I would have thought that would play havoc with their psychology.

“They have all got themselves into the mindset of you’re in the castle, you’re dealing with all the privations and suddenly you’re back in a modern bungalow by the beach. It’s gonna mess with them.”

Bosses have yet to confirm when the show will be back, and when the celebrities can re-enter the castle.

Good Morning Britain airs weekdays at 6am on ITV.

Read More

Read More




Source link

Back to top button