Two streaking teams meet when the Appalachian State Mountaineers (4-1, 1-0 Sun Belt) bring a three-game winning streak into a matchup against the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (4-1, 2-0 Sun Belt), who have won four in a row. The Mountaineers, listed aton the spread, visit the Ragin’ Cajuns, with moneyline odds to win, on October 12, 2021 at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN2. Bookmakers have installed an over/under of points for the game.
Before you place a bet on this game, take a look at this article for the best available odds and everything else you need to know about the matchup — from key metrics and player stats to betting trends and more.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 10, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Appalachian State Vs. Louisiana Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Appalachian State Offense Vs. Louisiana Defense
|Mountaineers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Ragin’ Cajuns Defense|
|35.2 (30)||Points/Gm||22.8 (50)|
|481.4 (15)||Yards/Gm||329.8 (41)|
|284.2 (24)||Pass Yards/Gm||187.4 (30)|
|197.2 (33)||Rush Yards/Gm||142.4 (64)|
|8.8 (24)||Yards/Pass||8.2 (101)|
|4.8 (38)||Yards/Rush||4.3 (81)|
|39.1% (66)||3rd Down %||46.7% (119)|
|6 (56)||Turnovers||2 (122)|
|3 (12)||Sacks||7 (78)|
Louisiana Offense Vs. Appalachian State Defense
|Louisiana Offense||Stats (Rank)||Appalachian State Defense|
|28.4 (70)||Points/Gm||20.0 (30)|
|343.0 (101)||Yards/Gm||364.8 (67)|
|217.4 (78)||Pass Yards/Gm||247.2 (91)|
|125.6 (92)||Rush Yards/Gm||117.6 (39)|
|8.1 (44)||Yards/Pass||6.9 (53)|
|4.3 (66)||Yards/Rush||3.6 (45)|
|35.2% (96)||3rd Down %||29.7% (15)|
|2 (3)||Turnovers||6 (62)|
|6 (43)||Sacks||9 (53)|
When Appalachian State Has The Ball
- The Mountaineers average 8.8 yards per pass attempt (24th in the FBS), and the Ragin’ Cajuns allow 8.2 per pass (101st in college football).
- Appalachian State is No. 12 in college football in sacks allowed (three), playing the pass rush ranked 78th, owned by Louisiana (seven).
- The Mountaineers have committed six turnovers, 56th-lowest in the FBS, while the Ragin’ Cajuns have forced two turnovers (sixth-fewest in college football).
- Appalachian State converts 39.1% of its third downs (66th in college football), while Louisiana’s defense ranks 119th in that category (46.7%)
When Louisiana Has The Ball
- The Ragin’ Cajuns are 96th in the FBS in third-down percentage (35.2%), and will be up against the 15th-ranked Mountaineers third down defense (29.7%).
- Louisiana’s offense is third-ranked in college football in terms of turnovers allowed (2), and is facing the 62nd-ranked team in turnovers forced, Appalachian State (6).
- The Ragin’ Cajuns’ 125.6 rushing yards per game is good for 92nd in the FBS. The Mountaineers’ defense allows 117.6 on the ground (39th in college football).
- Appalachian State has the 30th-ranked scoring defense (20.0 points per game). Louisiana’s 70th-ranked scoring offense puts up 28.4 points per game.
Appalachian State Betting Trends And Insights
- Appalachian State has compiled a 3-2-0 ATS record so far this year.
- The Mountaineers have covered the spread twice when favored by 3.5 points or more this season (in four opportunities).
- A total of three out of Appalachian State’s five games this season have gone over the point total.
- In two games this season, Appalachian State and its opponents have combined to total more than 54.5 points.
- The Mountaineers have yet to lose as the moneyline favorite this season, going 3-0.
Louisiana Betting Trends And Insights
- Louisiana has won just one game against the spread this season.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns have not covered the spread this season (0-1 ATS) when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- Louisiana’s games have hit the over just once this season.
- Louisiana has combined with its opponent to score more than 54.5 points just twice this season.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns lost the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season.
Appalachian State Players To Watch
- Chase Brice leads his team with 1,360 passing yards (272.0 per game) and has a 68% completion percentage (104-of-153), throwing eight touchdown passes and three interceptions.
- Nathaniel Noel has 80 attempts for a team-high 511 rushing yards (102.2 per game) and one touchdown.
- Camerun Peoples has 353 yards on 67 carries (88.3 ypg), with eight rushing touchdowns.
- Corey Sutton has reeled in 32 passes for a team-best 473 yards with three touchdowns. He averages 94.6 yards per game.
- Thomas Hennigan has contributed with 23 receptions for 326 yards and one touchdown.
- Malik Williams is averaging 60.8 yards per game, racking up 21 receptions for 304 yards and three touchdowns.
Louisiana Players To Watch
- This year, Levi Lewis has put up 1,047 passing yards (209.4 yards per game) while completing 85 of 130 passes (65.4% completion percentage), with seven touchdowns and one interception. He has tacked on 84 rushing yards on 28 carries, averaging 16.8 yards per game.
- Chris Smith has 43 attempts for a team-high 191 rushing yards (38.2 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Montrell Johnson has rushed for 183 yards on 41 carries (45.8 yards per game), with four touchdowns on the ground this year.
- Dontae Fleming has 11 catches and paces his team with 152 receiving yards (38.0 ypg) while scoring one touchdown.
- Michael Jefferson has also tacked on four receptions for 132 yards and two touchdowns.
- Kyren Lacy has 110 receiving yards on 10 receptions, with one touchdown, averaging 27.5 yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from
Business News Governmental News Finance News
Need Your Help Today. Your $1 can change life.