LAS VEGAS — It’s time to finally settle the score.
After splitting two fights over the course of seven years, Dustin Poirier and Conor McGregor will put an end to their rivalry in the main event of UFC 264 on Saturday.
McGregor won the first fight by knockout at UFC 178 in 2014, when the two were featherweights. The result would serve as a precursor to his ascent to superstardom. The fighters would continue their respective careers on totally different paths. McGregor became the first UFC fighter to hold world titles in two different weight classes while becoming the biggest star in combat sports. Poirier’s route was much longer; the Louisiana product moved to lightweight and defeated the likes of Justin Gaethje and Eddie Alvarez. He also captured the interim 155-pound championship.
Poirier and McGregor both lost to Khabib Nurmagomedov and then crossed paths again at UFC 257 in January. This time, Poirier secured the win with a second-round knockout.
Rather than go after the lightweight title, Poirier decided that there needed to be a trilogy with McGregor and the UFC booked it for T-Mobile Arena. The card will mark the sport’s first full-capacity show in Las Vegas since March 2020, before COVID-19 shut down live events.
The rubber match is set to be the biggest event of the year for the UFC. Who will get the job done?
Conor McGregor vs. Dustin Poirier 3 live updates, highlights from UFC 264
Sporting News will provide live updates from T-Mobile Arena starting at 8 p.m. ET
McGregor vs. Poirier 3 start time
- Early prelims: 6 p.m. ET | 3 p.m. PT
- Prelims: 8 p.m. ET | 5 p.m. PT
- PPV main card: 10 p.m. ET | 7 p.m. PT
- McGregor vs. Poirier 3: 12:15 a.m. ET (approx.) | 9:15 p.m. PT (approx.)
UFC 264: Dustin Poirier vs. Conor McGregor 3 takes place on July 10. Early prelims kick off the event at 6:15 p.m. ET; the pay-per-view main card begins at 10 p.m. ET. Poirier and McGregor should enter the Octagon around 12:15 a.m. ET, depending on the length of the undercard bouts.
How to watch McGregor vs. Poirier 3 on PPV
- Early prelims: ESPN/ESPN+
- Prelims: ESPN/ESPN+
- Main card: ESPN+ (pay-per-view)
The main card for UFC 264 is available in the U.S. on the ESPN+ subscription streaming service for a pay-per-view cost. That portion of the event begins at 10 p.m. ET.
Earlier fights are viewable live on ESPN, the WatchESPN app and, for the early prelims, UFC Fight Pass.
In Canada, the main card pay-per-view is available on Bell, Rogers, Shaw, SaskTel, Videotron, Telus, Eastlink, and UFC PPV on UFC Fight Pass.
UFC 264 fight card
- Dustin Poirier vs. Conor McGregor; lightweights
- Gilbert Burns vs. Stephen Thompson; welterweights
- Greg Hardy vs. Tai Tuivasa; heavyweights
- Irene Aldana vs. Yana Kunitskaya; women’s bantamweights
- Sean O’Malley vs. Louis Smolka; bantamweights
- Carlos Condit vs. Max Griffin; welterweights
- Niko Price vs. Michael Pereira Lima; welterweights
- Ryan Hall vs. Ilia Topuria; featherweights
- Trevin Giles vs. Dricus du Plessis; middleweights
Fight Pass prelims
- Jennifer Maia vs. Jessica Eye; women’s flyweights
- Omari Akhmedov vs. Brad Tavares; middleweights
- Zhalgas Zhumagulov def. Jerome Rivera via 1st-round submission (guillotine) (2:02).
Need Your Help Today. Your $1 can change life.