The trumpets didn’t have any air coming out of them on Sunday when Edwin Diaz blew a save in the ninth inning against the lowly Pirates. Diaz has been remarkable in save situations this season, but ended the first half of the season on a rough note. Nonetheless, the Mets head into the All-Star break in first place at 47-40 and have weathered the storm of all the injuries that have hit them.
To look back at the first half of the Mets season, we bring you a new episode of the “Amazin’ But True” podcast with former Met Nelson Figueroa and me, featuring an interview with WCBS Mets radio voice Wayne Randazzo.
Amazin’ But True Podcast with Jake & Figgie:
- DIAZ/SERIES SPLIT: Mets’ offense needed to do more after the first inning. Jerad Eickhoff stinks and probably isn’t going to pitch again. What could Edwin Diaz have done differently? Did Luis Rojas mismanage the rotation/bullpen usage Saturday/Sunday?
- FIRST HALF GRADE: We both give the Mets a B+ for the first half. The pitching carried the team and they did well as a team considering all the injuries. The hitting has to get better or they are in trouble.
- KUMAR ROCKER: Would not be surprising if we saw him in Queens in September. He has filthy stuff and was a steal for the Mets with the 10th pick.
Wayne Randazzo Interview:
WCBS Mets radio voice
- FIRST HALF: Gives the team an A- for how well they did dealing with all the injuries. Carlos Carrasco will give this team a huge boost.
- HOWIE ROSE: Has made him so much better. Fun calling games with him and seeing some of his reactions to big moments.
Catch up on all episodes of “Amazin’ But True,” a New York Mets podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow Jake Brown on Twitter and Instagram @JakeBrownRadio and Nelson Figueroa @FiggieNY. New episodes are every Monday and Thursday.
Business News Governmental News Finance News
Need Your Help Today. Your $1 can change life.