The No. 10 Michigan State Spartans (14-2, 5-0 Big Ten) aim to extend a seven-game home winning streak when they host the Northwestern Wildcats (8-6, 1-4 Big Ten) on Saturday, January 15, 2022 at 12:00 PM ET. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Spartans’ (to win on the moneyline) game versus the Wildcats ( ).
The betting trends in this article reference odds valid as of January 15, 2022 at 3:58 AM ET. See below for a table with the latest odds for this game and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Michigan State vs Northwestern Betting Odds
Michigan State Offense Vs. Northwestern Defense
|Michigan State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Northwestern Defense|
|75.5 (101)||Points/Gm||67.4 (150)|
|69.1 (174)||Possessions/Game||70.6 (224)|
|46.7 (65)||Field Goal %||39.2 (28)|
|39.5 (9)||3PT %||34.9 (278)|
|53.5 (73)||Effective FG %||46.7 (78)|
|57.2 (55)||True Shooting %||51.8 (184)|
Northwestern Offense Vs. Michigan State Defense
|Northwestern Offense||Stats (Rank)||Michigan State Defense|
|78.6 (45)||Points/Gm||65.8 (107)|
|70.3 (128)||Possessions/Game||69.2 (146)|
|44.6 (162)||Field Goal %||39.5 (39)|
|35.5 (99)||3PT %||29 (34)|
|51 (162)||Effective FG %||44.7 (29)|
|54.7 (148)||True Shooting %||48 (32)|
Michigan State Betting Insights
- Michigan State has compiled a 10-6-0 ATS record so far this year.
- The Spartans are 4-4 ATS this season when playing as at least 8.5-point favorites.
- In Michigan State’s 16 games this season, the combined scoring has gone over the point total seven times.
- In five of 16 games this season, Michigan State and its opponents have combined to total more than 145.5 points.
- The average total in Spartans games this season is 139, 6.5 points fewer than this matchup’s over/under.
Northwestern Betting Insights
- Northwestern has won eight games against the spread this year, while failing to cover seven times.
- Northwestern’s games have hit the over nine out of 15 times this season.
- Northwestern has played seven games this season that finished with a combined score above 145.5 points.
- The average total for Wildcats games this season is 139.3 points, 6.2 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
$1,000 Risk Free Bet
$10 Free Weekly Bet
Use Bonus Code: PLAYODDS
Michigan State Key Players
- The Spartans scoring leader is Gabe Brown, who puts up 14.4 points per game.
- Michigan State is led in rebounding by Marcus Bingham’s 7.4 rebounds per game and assists by Tyson Walker’s 5.1 assists per game.
- The Spartans are led by Brown from beyond the arc. He makes 2.4 shots from deep per game.
- Walker leads the team with 1.4 steals per game. Bingham collects 2.7 blocks a game to pace Michigan State.
Northwestern Key Players
- Pete Nance is at the top of the Wildcats scoring and rebounding leaderboards with 17.1 points per game and 7.7 rebounds per game this season.
- Boo Buie puts in work giving out assists and is Northwestern’s assist leader with 5.8 per game.
- Ty Berry makes more threes per game than any other member of the Wildcats, averaging 2.1 treys per game.
- Northwestern’s Julian Roper II has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.3 per game and Nance is first in blocks with 1.6 per game.
Business News Governmental News Finance News
Need Your Help Today. Your $1 can change life.