The No. 10 Penn State Nittany Lions (2-0) take on the No. 22 Auburn Tigers (2-0) at Beaver Stadium in University Park, Pennsylvania. The Tigers (moneyline odds to win) will visit the Nittany Lions ( ) on September 18, 2021 at 7:30 PM ET on ABC. Bookmakers have set the contest’s total at .
In this article we detail key metrics, betting trends, top players and up-to-date odds — everything you need before placing a bet on the game.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 18, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Penn State Vs. Auburn Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Penn State Offense Vs. Auburn Defense
|Nittany Lions Offense||Stats (Rank)||Tigers Defense|
|30.0 (70)||Points/Gm||5.0 (1)|
|395.0 (67)||Yards/Gm||182.0 (5)|
|250.0 (51)||Pass Yards/Gm||160.5 (32)|
|145.0 (77)||Rush Yards/Gm||21.5 (1)|
|7.8 (58)||Yards/Pass||5.7 (37)|
|4.4 (67)||Yards/Rush||0.7 (1)|
|34.6% (89)||3rd Down %||24.1% (12)|
|0 (1)||Turnovers||2 (58)|
|2 (51)||Sacks||8 (3)|
Auburn Offense Vs. Penn State Defense
|Auburn Offense||Stats (Rank)||Penn State Defense|
|61.0 (1)||Points/Gm||11.5 (15)|
|575.0 (6)||Yards/Gm||327.0 (62)|
|235.5 (61)||Pass Yards/Gm||205.5 (70)|
|339.5 (3)||Rush Yards/Gm||121.5 (61)|
|10.2 (13)||Yards/Pass||5.0 (16)|
|9.7 (1)||Yards/Rush||2.9 (37)|
|58.8% (8)||3rd Down %||28.9% (29)|
|1 (20)||Turnovers||4 (11)|
|1 (24)||Sacks||2 (58)|
When Penn State Has The Ball
- The Nittany Lions have a 34.6% third-down conversion rate, 89th in the FBS. The Tigers allow third-down conversions on 24.1% of their opponents’ attempts (12th).
- Penn State has the 77th-ranked rushing offense in the FBS (145.0 yards per game). It takes on Auburn’s first-ranked rushing defense, which allows 21.5 on the ground.
- The Nittany Lions’ offense is 70th in the FBS at 30.0 points per game. The Tigers give up 5.0 per game (first in college football).
- Penn State ranks 67th in the FBS averaging 4.4 yards per carry. Auburn allows 0.7 per rushing attempt (first in college football).
When Auburn Has The Ball
- The Tigers’ rushing game ranks third in the FBS (339.5 yards per game), while the Nittany Lions allow 121.5 per game (61st-ranked run defense).
- Penn State’s defense ranks 62nd in yards allowed per game (327.0), while Auburn’s offense is sixth in college football at 575.0 yards per game.
- The Nittany Lions give up 2.9 yards per rushing attempt (37th in the FBS). The Tigers are first in rushing, averaging 9.7 per carry.
- Penn State’s defense has two sacks (58th-most in the FBS). Auburn has conceded one sack to rank 24th in college football.
Penn State Betting Trends And Insights
- Penn State has won two games against the spread this season.
- The Nittany Lions have won their only game this season when playing as at least 5-point favorites.
- The Nittany Lions have been the moneyline favorite only one other time so far this season, a game they won.
Auburn Betting Trends And Insights
- Auburn has won all two of its games against the spread this season.
- The Tigers have not played a game this season while listed as the underdog.
Penn State Players To Watch
- This year, Sean Clifford has put up 477 passing yards (238.5 yards per game) while going 39-for-62 (62.9% completion percentage) and throwing two touchdowns and zero interceptions. He has tacked on 71 rushing yards on 17 carries with one touchdown, averaging 35.5 yards per game.
- Noah Cain has rushed for a team-leading 117 yards on 28 attempts (58.5 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns. He also averages 28.5 receiving yards per game, grabbing eight passes for 57 yards.
- Jahan Dotson has 10 catches and paces his team with 167 receiving yards (83.5 ypg) while scoring two touchdowns.
- Parker Washington has also added 10 catches for 104 yards this year. He averages 52.0 receiving yards per game.
- Keandre Lambert is averaging 42.0 yards per game, racking up five receptions for 84 yards.
Auburn Players To Watch
- This year, Bo Nix has collected 383 passing yards (191.5 yards per game) while going 29-for-39 (74.4% completion percentage) and throwing five touchdowns and zero interceptions. He has tacked on 30 rushing yards on five carries, averaging 15.0 yards per game.
- Jarquez Hunter has rushed for a team-leading 257 yards on 17 attempts (128.5 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns.
- So far this year Tank Bigsby has rushed for 241 yards on 24 carries (120.5 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns.
- This season Shedrick Jackson has seven catches and leads the team with 90 yards (45.0 per game).
- Demetris Robertson has hauled in six catches for 89 yards (44.5 yards per game) and two touchdowns.
- This season Kobe Hudson is averaging 27.5 yards per game, with four catches for 55 yards and one touchdown.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from
Business News Governmental News Finance News
Need Your Help Today. Your $1 can change life.