The summer transfer window is closed for the top leagues in Europe! After a summer full of international football, countless clubs waited until the last minute to pull off their transfers. See all the major deals here and check out how we graded the biggest signings. But just because the window is shut until January, that doesn’t mean the rumours won’t keep coming.
TOP STORY: Madrid eye Haaland with Mbappe
Marca reports that despite missing out on Mbappe in the recent transfer window, the Meringues will look to recruit the Paris-Saint Germain star on a free transfer if he does not agree to new terms ahead of 2022.
And Carlo Ancelotti’s side are also keen on Haaland, who will be available for £64 million at the end of the season due to a release clause in the Borussia Dortmund striker’s contract.
The Norway talisman attracted interest from the Premier League over the summer with Manchester City and Chelsea both enquiring about the forward’s availability, but teams could be prepared to wait it out with Haaland available for a much more affordable transfer price next year.
Gab Marcotti debates why PSG ignored Real Madrid’s offer for Kylian Mbappe with only a year left on his contract.
– Cedric Soares is keen to stay at Arsenal despite reports that he was one of a trio of players that was to be moved on from the Emirates. According to Football.London, the defender wants to prove himself at the Gunners despite a mixed start to his career in North London since joining from Southampton in 2020. The 30-year-old has started twice for Arsenal in the Premier League this season as he fights to start in Mikel Arteta’s side.
– Former Ligue 1 star Enzo Crivelli could be set for a domestic switch as Antalyaspor continue to monitor the Istanbul Basaksehir forward. That’s according to Foot Mercato, who say that discussions between the two Turkish clubs have begun over a loan move, where the window remains open. The 26-year-old struggled to find form during the last campaign, managing just two goals from 36 appearances, but Antalyaspor will be hoping he can return to the form that saw him tally 14 goals in his debut season.
– Lazio could target Nicolas Nkoulou as an alternative to signing David Luiz, reports Calciomercato. Manager Maurizio Sarri is trying to recruit a centre-back from the list of available free agents, and with David Luiz linked with a move back to Brazil, the former Torino star could receive an approach from Le Aquile. The 31-year-old would add vital experience to the backline, having been a key starter in the heart of defence for both Marseille and Torino.
– Spezia star M’Bala Nzola is close to a move to Istanbul Basaksehir, says Fabrizio Romano. The Turkish Super Lig remains one of the few leagues remaining where the transfer window remains open, and that has seen Turkish clubs move quickly to bolster their squads without challenges for signatures from Europe’s top leagues. The Angola international scored 11 times in 21 starts for Spezia last season, and is reported to be discussing personal terms with the team.
– Barcelona are close to confirming the signing of 17-year-old Emre Demir. Mundo Deportivo writes that the Blaugrana will pay a €2 million fee to Kayserispor, and that they will also allow the midfielder to stay at the club until he turns 18 in January. The deal is expected to be announced in the coming weeks for the prospect who has made a number of appearances off the bench for the Turkish Super Lig club, scoring once.
Need Your Help Today. Your $1 can change life.