Microsoft launched its ultra-portable Surface Go 3 at its 22 September event, and now the 2-in-1 is officially available to buy in both the UK and US.
With a 10.5in display and detachable keyboard, the Surface Go 3 is the smallest and lightest device that runs on Windows 11 – making it a great choice for students or anyone who wants productivity on the, well, go.
This year, Microsoft revved up the processing power with the addition of an Intel Core i3 chip on the top-end variant. The upgrade should make the device 60% faster than its predecessor (which ran on the Intel Pentium Gold). There’s also a 4G version expected soon.
Read up on everything there is to know about the Surface Go 3, including all the specs, in our dedicated coverage.
The Surface Go 3 launched alongside the Surface Pro 8, Surface Pro X (2021), Surface Duo 2, and a brand new Surface Laptop Studio. Here’s everything Microsoft announced at the event. Watch the show again here.
We’re separately looking at where to buy the more powerful Surface Pro 8.
Despite an upgrade, the entry-level Surface Go is £30 cheaper than the Go 2 making it particularly tempting to snap up. Prices have dropped even further in Currys’ Black Friday promotion, which is still available at the time of writing. Here’s everything you need to know about buying the Go 3 in the UK and US.
When did the Microsoft Surface Go 3 go on sale?
Following its announcement at the 22 September event, the Surface Go 3 went on sale in the UK and US on 5 October 2021.
We’re also expecting models with cellular connectivity at some point, but these models aren’t available at the time of writing. We’ll update this page once we know more.
Where to buy the Surface Go 3 in the UK and US
Apart from going directly to the Microsoft Store, the Surface Go 3 is available from the following confirmed retailers:
- Amazon – from £360.03, £17.69 off i3 model
- Currys PC World – from £332.10, £56.90 off i3 model with code ‘SURFACE10‘
- Argos – all models in stock, no discounts
- John Lewis – all models in stock, no discounts
- Very – all except entry-level model in stock, no discounts
While not confirmed, the following UK retailers may also eventually sell the Go 3 as they currently stock older generations of the Surface Go:
Related: Where to buy the Surface Duo 2
Apart from going to the US Microsoft Store, customers can pick up the Go 3 from the following retailers:
- Amazon – from $399.99, $8 off i3 model
- Best Buy – all models in stock, no discounts
- BH Photo Video – only Pentium Gold models in stock, i3 availability expected soon
- Walmart – all models in stock, higher than expected prices
- Staples – all except entry-level model in stock, no discounts
Target currently stocks the Surface Go 2, so there’s also a chance we’ll see the Surface Go 3 become available there too at some point.
How much did the Microsoft Surface Go 3 cost at launch?
The Surface Go devices are available in three configurations and price-points:
- 4GB RAM/64GB storage with Intel Pentium 6500Y processor – £369.99/$399.99
- 8GB RAM/128GB storage with Intel Pentium 6500Y processor – £499.99/$549.99
- 8GB RAM/128GB storage with Intel Core i3 processor – £569/$629.99
The entry-level option with 4GB RAM/64GB is £30 cheaper than entry-level Go 2, which cost £399 in UK. US pricing has remained the same at $399.99.
Microsoft is still selling the Type Cover separately, with prices starting at £99.99/$99.99 if you buy as a bundle. Otherwise, it’ll cost you £124.99/$129.99.
Related articles for further reading
Need Your Help Today. Your $1 can change life.