US News

‘Despicable’ – Brummies react after teen in homophobic torture attack


Brummies have reacted with anger and horror after cowardly thugs beat, strangled and set fire to a 17-year-old in a horrifying ‘torture’ attack – because he was gay.

People have taken to BirminghamLive’s Facebook page to express their disgust after reading how Taylor Knight had led a brutal homophobic assault at his Kings Heath flat, motivated by his own ‘repressed sexuality’.

He also ‘abducted’ a 15-year-old girl who embroiled herself in the ambush and threw boiling water at the terrified teenager as he cowered in a bath tab, having already had cigarette ends thrown at him.

READ MORE:Thugs beat and set fire to 17-year-old in homophobic torture attack in Kings Heath

Harrowing mobile phone footage was shown to Birmingham Crown Court of the victim on the floor as punches and kicks rained down while three other thugs, including two girls and another male called ‘Ace’ repeatedly called him ‘p****’.

Now Brummies have expressed their own thoughts on the horrific attack, which came after Knight had previously been in a relationship with the victim.

Laura Milburn took to Facebook simply saying: “Despicable.”

Joyce Terry posted: “Hope poor lad recovers. Makes you wonder what sort of vermin out there to do such vile crimes.”

Mandy Edge said: “Absolutely despicable. Taboo feelings resulting in a malicious assault.

“Sentences need to be stepped up, the fact that they videotaped it for pleasure is horrendous. Sadistic behaviour , poor boy, I hope he receives counselling and support.”

Debbie Bamford said: “This is beyond shocking. He had a relationship with him then tortured him. No words. Just hope they’re locked up for long periods of time.”

Sonia Wilkins posted: “Disgusting. Wish people would do something useful with their lives rather than inflict torture and pain on innocent people.”

Lorraine Brookes said: “Horrible excuse for humans.”

Diane Brookin added: “How awful for the victim. I’m gutted for him.”

Body worn camera video, from police who mercifully came to the rescue, captured just how fear-stricken and shaken the youth was when officers isolated him and asked who was responsible for the attack.

He had also had his mobile phone and £25 stolen from him for good measure. The victim later stated he had been ‘broken’ by the ordeal.

Knight, aged 20, of Middlepark Drive, Northfield, appeared on a link from HMP Brinsford in Staffordshire, admitted assault occasioning actual bodily harm, theft, and child abduction.

Passing sentence on Friday, September 3, Judge Heidi Kubik QC stated he was fortunate for the Crown Prosecution Service’s ‘framing’ of the case, admitting her punishment powers were limited.

She jailed Knight for three years and eight months.

Mr Majid read an emotional statement the victim made later saying he now had Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), that the attack had ‘broken’ him and made him scared to sleep in case he dreamt about it.

The 15-year-old girl was convicted of theft and assault occasioning actual bodily harm and has previously been sentenced to a youth rehabilitation order. No action was taken against the second female attacker and ‘Ace’ has never been identified.

To get the latest updates on crime and court cases straight to your inbox click here




Source link

Back to top button