Birmingham’s best and worst doctors surgeries can now be revealed with a new, simple tool to check how they each rank.
The Reach Data Unit has crunched the numbers in seven key areas, with every surgery across the country given a rank for its performance in each.
Each GP is surveyed on:
- How easy it is to get an appointment
- Whether opening times are convenient
- Whether people trust the GP
- Whether the GP listens to them
- Whether the GP treats them with care and concern
- Whether receptionists are helpful
- How patients rate their overall experience
Those category rankings were then added up to give an overall ranking.
Queslett Medical Centre in Great Barr was found to be the best in Birmingham, with 98 per cent rating their overall experience of the surgery as ‘good’.
According to the survey, 91 per cent said they definitely had confidence and trust in their GP at the Queslett Road surgery.
Some 96 per cent also felt their doctor listened to them properly, while a similar proportion (98 per cent) said they were treated with care and concern.
Around 82 per cent were happy with the appointment times on offer, and 89 per cent had a good experience the last time they made an appointment.
Meanwhile, 99 per cent of patients said reception staff at the practice were helpful.
You can use the tool in the widget below to find out how your surgery rated with patients – simply input the name of the GP into the box.
The top ten in Birmingham for 2021
1. Queslett Medical Centre in Great Barr
2. Woodland Road Surgery in Northfield
3. Kingsbury Road Medical Centre in Erdington
5. Selly Park Surgery in Selly Park
6. Garretts Green Lane Surgery in Sheldon
7. Sutton Road Surgery in Erdington
8. Bloomsbury Surgery in Nechells
9. Dr Kulshrestha Family Practice in Winson Green
10. Kingsfield Medical centre in Kings Heath
*Surgeries that had fewer than 50 responses were excluded on the basis that the sample was too small to draw reliable conclusions.
Stay abreast with the very latest from our city with our Birmingham News Email Updates.