US News

Teen in murder arrest as man with ‘multiple injuries’ dies in hospital

A teenager has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a man died in hospital.

The man, aged in his 40s, was found with multiple serious injuries in Newland Street, Rugby, Warwickshire, at 6am on Thursday – but he sadly died in hospital today, Saturday, September 4.

Warwickshire Police said they initially arrested an 18-year-old man on suspicion of assault and grievous bodily harm in connection with the incident.

He has now been arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in custody, police said.

READ MORE:Watch as car engulfed in flames outside family home in Kings Norton ‘arson attack’

The force said the incident was “isolated” and want to reassure the public that a full investigation is underway.

“A murder investigation has now been launched after a man who was seriously assaulted in Rugby on Thursday sadly died this morning,” Detective Inspector Collette O’Keefe from Warwickshire Police said.

“Our thoughts remain with the man’s family who are being supported by specially trained officers.

“Investigations are ongoing to establish the circumstances surrounding this incident and we continue to appeal to anyone who may have witnessed anything suspicious in and around Newland Street, Addison Road and Lawford Road between midnight and 6am on Thursday morning.

“I would also appeal to anyone who may have dash-cam footage to please get in touch.

“We recognise the concern this incident, which we are treating as isolated, will have caused the local community and want to reassure the public that a full investigation is underway, whereby the public can expect to see a heightened police presence in the area while our officers carry out their enquiries.”

Any witnesses or anyone with information or dash-cam footage should call 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111, quoting incident number 45 of September 2.

For breaking news updates, subscribe to our newsletter here.

Source link

Back to top button